Image Map

Monday, November 7, 2011

Oh Happy Day!

Sorry about the lack of post last friday. I had the opportunity to spend Friday and Saturday in Park City with a few of my girlfriends shopping, chatting and eating. It was a great little getaway!

Remember this client? Well, not only am I helping her with office, but I am also helping her pull together the family room of her home. She knew she wanted a casual space with pops of orange and turquoise. I have been busy over the last few weeks selecting fabrics, furniture, lighting and accessories. My client really wanted to have her space completed by mid November, just in time for Holiday entertaining. Things were looking great and on schedule until I checked my inbox one day to find an email stating that the fabric that I ordered for her drapes was backordered until late November! What?!?!


This fabric was perfect for the family room drapes, and I knew I wouldn't be able to find a suitable replacement, especially at the price point of this fabric. I had to break the news to my client. She was totally understanding and agreed that we should just wait for this fabric to become available again rather than finding something else, even if it meant that her room wouldn't be complete when she had hoped. Sigh. And then...last week she called me to let me know that the fabric had arrived at her doorstep! Oh, happy day, indeed! I love it when pleasant little surprises fall at your feet, and this was definitely one! So...her drapes are off to be fabricated and I can't wait to show them off in her completed space! I'll be posting some before pictures of the family room and some progress photos later this week...stay tuned!