Image Map

Monday, November 14, 2011

It's Beginning to Look A Lot Like Christmas!

Don't worry! I haven't forgotten about Thanksgiving. After all, I have plenty to be thankful for. But, this weekend it looked like this outside...


So I decided there was no better time then the present to put up my Christmas tree. I always put my tree up before Thanksgiving. I don't decorate anything else in the house for Christmas until after, but the tree is an ever-present fixture on Thanksgiving Day. We recently redecorated out great room area and the new furniture and layout did not accommodate the width of our Christmas tree. So we had to buy a new "slim" tree to fit the space. We ended up with a 10 foot pre-lit fir tree. It is beautiful. I love the height and the way the slimmer profile fits the room. 

I asked my hubby to put the tree up as I gathered all my tree decorating supplies.


Putting up the tree while watching the Utah vs. UCLA football game!


So, I am a crazy person and I like my Christmas decor to match the color scheme going on in my home. As I mentioned before, we recently redecorated, which means my tree also had to  be revamped to fit the new decor. My tree used to be adorned in, persimmon, brown, ivory and gold. But now...





...various shades of teal, green, creams and golds!

Here is the tree ready to be decorated...


and after the first round of ribbon...


and the finished product!

NOT YET!!!
I am such a tease, aren't I?

I am not going to reveal my completed tree to you until after I decorate my whole house. I will however give you sneak peek!



I can't wait to show you my tree. I love the way it turned out, and I get happy every time I look at it! I will be posting pictures of all of the Christmas decor in my home the week after Thanksgiving. As I mentioned before, I don't deck the halls for every holiday, but for Christmas I go all out!

PS - I don't deprive my kids of their own Christmas tree merriment. The girls have a small 4' pink tree that they decorate every year and this year the little guy is getting a red tree that he will decorate with University of Utah/UTES ornaments!