Image Map

Monday, October 17, 2011

Office Overhaul

I am currently working with a client to design a few different spaces in her home. One of the rooms she wanted me to help her tackle was her home office. It is pretty much a blank slate, except for a black desk, which will remain in the room. We are also going to keep the wall color because her home has an open floor plan that does not allow for a good starting/stopping point for paint. Essentially, if you want to paint one room, you have to paint the whole main floor...not an option.

She wanted to her office to be feminine and fun. Plus, she loves the color turquoise, along with all it's relatives (teal, aqua, robin's egg blue), so some shade of it, has made it's way into each room I am designing for her.

Here is the "before" picture of her office...

Like I said...a blank slate...with exception of the gorgeous wainscoting .

This is the design board I put together...


She loved the design plan and the room is really coming together. I will definitely be sharing the "after" pictures once it is complete!