Image Map

Wednesday, November 23, 2011

Giving Thanks

I can't believe that Thanksgiving is tomorrow! My parents got in town last night and we have spent the day preparing for tomorrow's festivities. As I mentioned before, I am hosting Thanksgiving dinner this year for my parents and my husbands family, parents, siblings, kids and all! I love this time of year. My family is the greatest blessing of my life and the thing that I am most thankful for. Among the many other things I am filled with gratitude for this year, is this blog, and those of you who have taken the time to visit it. Thank you for inviting me in and allowing me to share a part of myself with you. Also, to my blogging friends... thank you for your kindness and support, and for welcoming me into the blogsphere with open arms. I had no idea what a friendly and open community this is and I am incredibly blessed to be a part of it.

Remember this post about crafting away in preparation for Thanksgiving? Well, I finally get to show you what I came up with! Here is the fun pennant banner that my Mother-in-law helped me make with the use of her Cricut machine.




And here is our dining table all read for tomorrow's big meal...





In case you are wondering where I got some of the table decor...

Table linens - Homegoods (they are linen and the texture is part of the look. I promise they are not wrinkled) 
Vases - Homegoods
Glass candlesticks - Ballard Designs
Turkey candle holders - World Market
Gilded turkey and Mercury glass votive holders - Tai Pan Trading
The pumpkins I spray painted myself.
I made the place cards by die cutting metallic silver paper and writing names on them with a gold paint pen.

I hope all of you are able to spend this Holiday with the ones you love the most and that you will take a moment to reflect on all that you are grateful for. Oh, and that you get to stuff your face with the yummiest food you will eat all year!

One more thing! Remember how I said I was going to start my home tour this week? Well, I didn't forget. I did, however, have a momentary detachment from reality when I wrote that. How did I think I was going to pull that off with the craziness of Thanksgiving week!?! So, if you will grant me your forgiveness for my temporary insanity, I PROMISE that my home tour will start Monday! 

HAPPY THANKSGIVING!!!