Image Map

Monday, October 24, 2011

Fail Safe Fall Fashion

As I mentioned in my last post, the weather in Utah is taking a turn for the colder this week. Along with crafting to my hearts content (I'll share my masterpiece later), I spent part of my weekend putting away my summer clothes and pulling out my Fall and Winter clothes in preparation for the cooler temps. I wanted to share with you a couple of my favorite pieces from my fall closet.

The J Crew Perfect-Fit Mix-Tape Cardigan


This cardi is fabulous. I own this it in black, navy and heathered gray. It fits like a dream and is the perfect layering piece. Pair it with a tank, some skinny jeans and some boots and you have a casual look you can be proud of. Throw it over a blouse with a pencil skirt and you have a sophisticated office/church look. Also, I know I said fall fashion, but I wear these cardis year round. They never leave my closet. It is a super comfortable piece and washes up like a dream. The best part...select colors are on sale for $39.50 right now! You can snag yourself one...or two...or three, like me, here.

Secondly, I'm a girl that loves my boots.  These boots have graced my closet for the past two winters and are making a return appearance again this year. 

The Steven by Steve Madden Intyce Boot


I love this boot! I have it in the Congac color and it goes with everything. The little wedge heel makes this a versatile boot that can be worn with leggings and jeans as well as skirts and dresses. Like I said, I have had these boot for a couple of years and they have held up great in the harsh Utah winters. I just give then a little leather lotion polish at the beginning of each season and I am good to go! In fact, I love them so much I decided to buy them in black this year! They aren't inexpensive, but with all of the wear you will get out of them, they are totally worth the price! You can find these lovely boots here.

Lastly, I am loving the whole stacking bracelets and watches trend. 

Image courtesy of Jen Ramos @ Made By Girl

When I saw this post by Jen over at Made by Girl announcing that she had added these gorgeous bracelets, made by artist Monika Hibbs, to her shop I knew I just had to have one. 

Image courtesy of Jen Ramos @ Made by Girl

Sadly, most of the colors are already sold out, but once she restocks, I hoping to grab myself one...or two!

Thanks for letting me share a couple of my favorite fall fashion pieces. Tell me is there a staple piece in your closet that you can't live without?