Image Map

Friday, October 21, 2011

Getting my craft on

via

via

I realize that it isn't even Halloween yet, but I am already looking forward to Thanksgiving and Christmas. I have the pleasure of hosting both my parents and my husband's entire family for Thanksgiving this year. My mind has been turning over the last few weeks about decor and tablescapes for Thanksgiving day. I have spent lots of time gathering ideas from blogs and Pinterest and I think I finally have a good idea of what direction I want to go. I'm leaning toward a mixture of rustic and glam. Think natural elements like pumpkins, branches and leaves, mixed with metallics and mercury glass. As I have mentioned before, I'm not much of a crafter, but my sweet mother in law has agreed to let my kids (who are out of school on Fall Break) and I hang out with her for a few hours today while she helps me "create" some seasonal baubles to dress up my home. We'll be putting her Cricut machine to work and there will also be glitter involved. Wish me luck in my crafting endeavors. Let's just say there have been crafting attempts in the past that have been less than successful. :)

PS - Enjoy your weekend. This may be our last weekend of good weather before the cold sets in...we plan on taking full advantage of it!