Image Map

Tuesday, October 11, 2011

My Kind of Halloween

Those who know me well are aware of my lackluster attitude towards Halloween decor. It's just not my thing. As a child I would get physically ill every Halloween because I was so scared of the vampires, mummies, witches and ghosts that walked the streets. It wasn't until I was 8 or 9 that I actually made it out the door to go trick or treating. Is my lack of enthusiasm for Halloween decor a direct result of my childhood trauma? I doubt it, but I still can't get myself to deck out my home for this much loved holiday. I feel bad because my kids love Halloween. They have managed to talk my man into hanging a huge black spider and web from the pillars in front of our home. Still, I can't help but feel that I should get more excited about Halloween, if only for the sake of my kids. So, on my quest to right my wrong, I turned to Pinterest. Are you on Pinterest? It is inspiring, amazing and totally addicting. If you are not on the bandwagon, you must get on it....fast!

Pinterest showed me some Halloween decor I could get into. This is the kind of stuff I actually want to display in my home, and it in no way reminds me of the bloody, gory, scary Halloween of my childhood.

via Cortney on Pinterest

via Amanda on Pinterest

via Paige on Pinterest

via Mary on Pinterest

via  Sallie on Pinterest
Thank you Pinterest. You may have just made Halloween at the Montgomery home a bit more festive. If you are on Pinterest, and would like to follow me, you can do so here.