Image Map

Tuesday, October 4, 2011

Welcome and some painted pretties

Let me start off by saying "Welcome"! After nearly a year of talking myself into...and then out of....and then back into starting this blog, I am finally writing my first official post. It is both terrifying and exhilarating, and I want to thank all of you that have encouraged and supported me as I have shared with you my hopes and dreams for this endeavor. This blog will be a place for me to share with all of you the things and places that inspire me and bring me joy. Interior design is truly my passion and I am also excited to show you some of the spaces that I have had the pleasure of designing. So again, "Welcome" and "Thank you". I hope my blog will become a place where you will visit often.


Okay...now onto the prettiness! Have you seen Ballard Designs' latest catalog? While their catalogs are always full of eye candy and inspiration, I went particularly gaga over the custom painted furniture they are now offering called the Casa Florentina Collection. As you know, painted furniture is all the rage these days. I absolutely love how a piece of painted furniture can draw your eye into a room and provide just the right pop of color. The blogsphere is full of DIY instruction and inspiration on how to get this look. While I have recently tackled the task of painting a piece of furniture myself (more on that later), I am not really a DIYer at heart. But boy do I wish I was! So for those of you, like me, that are DIY challenged, Ballard may be the answer...but you will have to pay for it. Painted prettiness doesn't come cheap! Check it out...







Each of the pieces in this collection is available in these finishes...


Check out the entire collection here.