Image Map

Wednesday, March 28, 2012

Client Project: Traditional Den - Design Board

Last week I shared with you the "before" pictures of a den/home office I am currently redesigning for a local client. As I mentioned, she was excited by the green cabinetry she saw in her sister-in-laws new home and wanted to incorporate them into her own space. So all of the existing built ins will be painted a gorgeous sage color. Her style is very traditional. I wanted to make sure my design was in keeping with her style, but felt updated and fresh. I asked her to show me some pictures of spaces she was drawn to, and it was clear that she loved spaces with a neutral palette and soft touches of color. Here is the design board I came up with for her office...


The wallpaper has an ivory background with a subtle gold floral motif going through it. It is so beautiful in person. We will also bring in a bit more color when we accessorize the built in shelving. I am happy to say that my client loved the design board. The painting of the walls and cabinetry will begin in the next week. I'll keep you posted on the progress!