Image Map

Monday, March 5, 2012

The Midas Touch

Hello Everyone! I hope you all had a fantastic weekend. I wanted to start my post today by expressing my gratitude to all of you who have shown your support to me and my family as we try to sell our home. Your prayers, words of encouragement, advice and sincere wishes have lifted me in ways you could never imagine. You are appreciated more than you will ever know! From the bottom of my heart and with the utmost sincerity, I thank you!

Now on to the rest of today's post...

I am a girl who loves shiny and sparkly things. I love the heir of sophistication that metallics, glass and crystal can add to most any space. So, as you could imagine, I am almost giddy over the trend of adding brassy and gold elements into designed spaces. One of the things that I am loving the most, is that this trend is so accessible. Look at what some of my uber talented blogging friends were able to create with a vision and a can of spray paint...

This fabulous little number cost Courtney less than $20.00
DIY Brass Side Table by A Thoughtful Place

How darling is Amanda's boot vase? The brassy paint definitely glams it up!
Brass Boot Vase from Amanda Carol at Home

Cassie's Brass Figurines have me wanting to take a can of brass spray paint to every plastic animal is my kids' toy closet!
DIY Brass Figurines from Hi Sugarplum

A small touch of gold can go a long way. Just look at Kate's creation. The gold Overlay accent turns an ordinary pedestal table into and eye catching piece!
Overlays Pedestal Table from Centsational Girl
Are you loving this trend as much as I am? If there is a brass spray paint project in your future, I'd love to see/hear about it!