Image Map

Thursday, March 1, 2012

Ch Ch Ch Changes!


I mentioned on Monday that there were some things going on around here that have thrown us into a tailspin. Well, the big reason for that tailspin is that we have decided to put our home up for sale!! I still can't believe that we are doing it! We have been in this home for six years. We had it built from the ground up. I brought two of my babies home to this house. This home has been a constant labor of love for me. Working on it and fine tuning it, until it became exactly what I envisioned it to become. That is where it is now. I love this home. I feel blessed to live here. Our whole family does.

Front view of our home
So that being said, one has to wonder, why in the world are we selling it? Let me start by saying, that we have a very faith centered family. We try to live our lives in accordance with our Heavenly Father and Jesus Christ. Our choices are directly influenced by our belief that our Father in Heaven has a specific plan for our little family and we try to live our lives in a way that may allow us to be in tune to his will for us. As a result of this, my hubby and I have felt for some time, that this house is not to be our permanent home. We have not known where we will go or when the time would be to move, but we have relied on the fact that we would "know" when it is time for us to move on. Over the course of the past few weeks, there have been some things that have happened (nothing bad, all really good :)) that have led us to believe that the time may be now. So, we are going with it. We put our house up for sale last week, knowing that selling a home in this market is an uphill battle. We feel confident in knowing that whatever happens, whether our home sells or not, it is part of the plan for our family and an experience we must go through. I ask you, my blog family, to remember us in your prayers, if you feel so inclined. This is an exciting, and yet, an emotional journey. We are anxious to see what the future holds for us. Some of you are probably wondering where we are going. We have a couple of options we are looking at. If anything happens, I will definitely let you know. No matter which option we choose, we will not be moving very far from where we are now. We love our town and our community.

So there you have it. Life is crazy...crazy good. We are selling our home ourselves, so if any of you have done this, I would love some advice on the best way to market our home without it being listed on the MLS. And if you or anyone you know is looking for a home in Davis County, UT, you can contact me at thefamilyroomdesign@gmail.com for more information. The winds of change are definitely stirring around here!

PS - This is also the reason why you haven't seen any progress updates on my home office makeover! :)