Image Map

Wednesday, January 4, 2012

2012 Home Projects

I've loved reading about all the projects that my fellow Home Bloggers have in store for their abodes this year. If you've been reading my blog over the last few months, you know that we made some pretty major changes to our home over the last six months. The projects for our home wont be as grand in scale this year, but I definitely have a To Do List that I hope to accomplish by the end 2012!

The first project I am going to tackle is converting our guest bedroom into a home office. As I mentioned before, part of the reason I named my blog "The Family Room Design Studio", is because the lack of a dedicated home office forces me to do most of my blogging and design work either while seated on the sofa or on the floor in our family room. I am ready for my own space. One that will motivate and inspire me. Although our guest room is used by my parents and my brother and his family when they visit, I think it will get more use as my home office. Throwing a bed in there will take a little furniture rearranging when they do come to visit, but it should be fairly easy to do.

I've just started collecting fabric samples and sourcing furniture for the new office, and I promise to share my design board with you as soon as I get it all together. For now, here are a couple of pictures of the guest room as it looks now... and I'm warning you, the guest room is probably the least decorated room in my house.




Told ya...I've done next to nothing to it! It is hard to tell in these pictures, because I took them at night, but the walls are a pretty yellow that pull a bit tan in different light. I really like the color, but I'm not quite sure if I'll  keep it. I am so ready to start this little project!

Other home projects for 2012 include:
 - Making over my daughter's room for her 8th birthday
- Designing my son's "Big Boy" room
- Finishing up the changes we have planned for the dining room
- giving the Laundry Room a little face lift
- Jazzing up the entry...wallpaper or stencil?

Now that I wrote it down, it seems like a lot to tackle...especially on a small budget! I hope you'll stay with me to share in the progress of these projects over the next year!

Tell me, what goals do you have for your home in 2012?