Image Map

Wednesday, January 11, 2012

Inspired by Fabric

There is no doubt about it. I am a fabric junkie. Almost every room I design starts with fabric as the main inspiration. All the other elements I choose seem to stem from the color, design and texture of the fabric I have picked. It doesn't matter how the inspiration fabric ends up in the space. It could be an upholstered piece of furniture, drapes, pillows or simply be hung on the wall as a framed piece of art. In every room of my home, I can pinpoint the fabric that inspired the design of it.

As I mentioned in my previous post, one of my first "Home Goals" for this year is to transform our guest room into my home office. I am just starting to piece together the design for it. I know I want it to be vibrant, fun, and have a touch of femininity. Once again, the jumping off point for my office design will be the fabric. Here are a few that I am currently loving and considering for my guest room turned home office project.

1.

2.

3.

4.

I seriously love all of these and can envision each of them in the space. What do you think? Do you have a favorite?

Oh, I have to share the desk that I picked out....


Seriously...I'm in love with it. :)