Image Map

Wednesday, October 17, 2012

Local Client Progress - Walls of Wood

I have the opportunity to work with some local clients who just moved into their newly built home. This has been a dream project for me.  When my clients contacted me to help them with the design of multiple rooms in their home, they mentioned that I would be working from a clean slate. They are using almost nothing from their previous house to furnish and decorate the main floor of their new two-story home. I might have done a little happy dance when I heard that! :)  We have already selected the fabrics, furniture, artwork and accessories for the spaces, but the first order of business was to add some drama to the family room area. You all know about my love affair with white woodwork. Specifically, walls full of woodwork, like this board and batten wall in my own home. So naturally, we added some to the space...in a BIG way! We had two walls covered in floor to ceiling tongue and groove wood panels! Once again, the picture below will demonstrate exactly why I am such a huge fan of woodwork.

BEFORE:

AFTER:

Ah-mazing! Right? Without adding any furniture or anything else to the room, the woodwork makes the room feel so much more light and bright. I'm so happy my clients decided to take the plunge and add this element to their family room. The space is now ready to be further transformed! I'll definitely be sharing more pictures of this project after the install is complete.