Image Map

Monday, June 18, 2012

My New Home: Family Room Board and Batten Wall Reveal

The board and batten wall I designed for our family room is complete! I love the way it turned out. The room feels so crisp and bright.


I had the fabricator add Quarter Round moulding inside each box. Doing this adds a bit more detail and makes the treatment feel a tiny bit more formal.

The faux half column provides a separation point for the Entry and Family Room and also allows for a clear start/stop point for the woodwork. 

 Eliminating the need for any media storage (all the components are housed in the office closet, which sits behind this wall), gives the room a clean uncluttered feel.

This little project came with very high impact! If I were more of a DIYer, I think I could have tackled this myself, but this time I left it to the professionals! What do you think? Would you do this in your own home?