Image Map

Monday, October 8, 2012

Quick Change...Framed Paper and a Peak at my New Basement

One of the things our new home had no shortage of is built in shelving. It was one of the things that I loved so much about this home the first time I saw it. Lately, I have been trying to fill and style the shelving surrounding our basement fireplace. The shelving is a gorgeous bright white. While I absolutely adore the clean and fresh look of it, I wanted to infuse the shelving with a bit of color. I love the idea of framing beautiful paper and using it as artwork. When I found this paper on Paper Mojo, I knew it would be perfect.


I cut the paper to fit into the white 12 x 12 frames I bought at a local craft store and added them to the shelves.

 Here is a little peak of our basement fireplace and surrounding shelving. I am still working to get it all accessorized, but I am happy with the progress I have made so far. Also, you may notice that I have re-used most of the decor from the family room in my last home, here. 
 The ceilings in our new basement are 12 feet in height and it is completely day-lit. When we walked downstairs for the first time, we gasped, and then my husband said, "This is our house." All three of the kids bedrooms are in the basement, and we loved that it felt like another family room for them to hang out and play in. More of the basement to come...soon, I promise.