Image Map

Thursday, May 3, 2012

E-Design Board: Coastal Living Room

Let me begin by giving my sincere "Thanks" to those of you who have offered words of support, encouragement and prayers in regards to our home buying/selling situation. Your kindness is helping sustain me and helping me stay positive. I know that we will be in our new home soon enough! Again, "Thank You!"

I've recently had the opportunity to work on an E-Design for a client who wanted to transform her living room into a coastal inspired oasis to remind her of her days growing up on the California coast.  She wanted to retain some of the key pieces of furniture in the room since they were somewhat of an investment and fairly new. We decided to keep her leather sofa and the wooden arm chair. The armchair will be painted a creamy white and reupholstered and the leather sofa will get a fresh look by adding some throw pillows. Here is what her living room looks like now...


And here is the Design that I came up with for her...


I tried to achieve a fresh, coastal feel without making it scream "theme." I am thrilled my client was happy with the design. She and her hubby have already painted the room and purchased many of the pieces for the space. I can't wait to share the after pictures with you once I receive them!