Image Map

Tuesday, September 18, 2012

My New Home: Master Bedroom...a work in progress

Hello Everyone! I hope your week is off to a great start. Today I wanted to give you a little look at my Master Bedroom. This room is most definitely a work in progress. It is S-L-O-W-L-Y coming together. I keep telling myself that we've only been in our new home for 3 months and that I don't need to have every room done right away. Still, the Master Bedroom is such an important space to me. I really want to have it complete within the next month or so. We will see...



The "bed side" of the room is starting to take shape. I am in LOVE with my new upholstered bed. Isn't it pretty? I still need to add drapery to all the windows ( I'm trying to decide on just the right fabric), and I also want to add a throw to the foot of the bed.

The other side of the room is, literally, a mess. 


I have big plans for the space above the fireplace. I want to add a wood treatment above the mantel that mimics the board and batten on the bed wall. I also need to hang some more artwork...maybe a DIY? The bench needs a couple of fabulous accent pillows and the mantel needs to be styled with accessories. Lastly, I want to add a cabinet to the right of the mantel by my wingback chair. The cabinet is a necessity to house all of the media components associated with having a TV in the bedroom. Like I said, this room is a definite work in progress. I am looking forward to the day that it is pulled together and I can show it to you! 


Thrifty Decor Chick
Linking Up Here