Image Map

Tuesday, September 11, 2012

5 Home Decor Workhorses


Last week I shared an Instagram photo of some pillow covers for a client project I am working on. My wonderful blogging friend, Amanda from the blog Amanda Carol at Home, left me this comment on that post...

"LOVING all the new things going on in your place- Betwixt is one of my favorite go-to fabrics-totally a work horse in any space. Cant wait to see more!!"

Her comment about the Betwixt fabric being a work horse (which I completely concur it is) really got me thinking. There are some home decor items that seem to get the job done every time, in any space. They are tried and true. Some may think that these items are overused and trite, but I think that the reason you see them over and over again is because they work. They work in traditional spaces and contemporary spaces. They pack a punch and can "make a room." They transcend styles and outlive trends. Here are 5 home decor workhorses that I love and use...often. 

1. The Gourd Lamp
via Houzz
via Houzz
2. Betwixt by Celerie Kemble Fabric
via Caitlin Wilson Design
via Pinterest
3. Framed Botanical Prints
via Danielle Oakey Interiors
via Pinterest
4. The Sunburst Mirror
via House Beautiful
via Pinterest
via Houzz
5. The Wingback Chair
via House of Turquoise
via Pinterest
via House Beautiful
Did you notice that some of my example pictures incorporate more than one of these trends? Workhorses, I tell you! Do you have a home decor item that you never fails you? I would love to hear about it.