Image Map

Monday, August 20, 2012

What's Goin' On?

Happy Monday everyone! How many of you sang the title of my post to yourselves as you read it? If you did, did you hear it in your head with your own voice or with Marvin Gaye's voice, like I did? Ok, clearly, I am easily entertained. :)

Anyway, I thought I would update you on what's going on in my design life lately. First, some "Before" shots of a few local client projects I am currently working on...

I get to makeover this kitchen and design the family room space for a dear friend, whose family just moved into a new home.



This entry design project is nearing completion. We are just waiting for some products to arrive. I hope to do the install and finish up the project in the next couple of weeks. I am super excited to share it with you!


I am just getting started on this Master Bedroom makeover as well. This project is a complete collaboration between the homeowner and I. She is a talented seamstress who will be sewing all of the pillows, drapery and even the bedding for the space! What I wouldn't give to have skills like that!


Also on the list are two family room designs...



The sectional sofa in both of these spaces will be staying, and I am excited to show all of you "brown leather sofa" phobes out there just how fabulous a space can look with one in it!

There are also a couple of other projects in the works that I look forward to sharing with you. The design process takes time, and I want to also have these spaces professionally photographed before I share them with you. So I hope you will stick with me. I promise to give you progress updates along the way! Hopefully you will think that the finished room reveals were worth the wait!

Also, I have to express my gratitude to all of my wonderful clients and blog readers. When I started this journey less than a year ago, I had no idea where it would take me. I have been immeasurably blessed by the people I have met and the opportunities I have been given through the world of blogging. The fact that you allow me into your homes, or spend a moment of your day, here, with me, is humbling and incredibly uplifting at the same time. Although life has become busier, and I am still trying to figure out how to manage it all, I would not change any of it. I get to do what I love because of my clients, and you, my blog readers. That is an amazing gift you have given me and I thank you, from the deepest space in my heart.

Oh, one more thing...
I'm still flexing my weak  DIY design muscle, as I decorate spaces in my new home. Here is a little glimpse of what my hubs and I worked on this weekend for Miss M's room...


Details and a reveal of this little project to follow on my next post!