Image Map

Thursday, July 5, 2012

Our 4th Festivities

I hope you all had a great 4th of July! We spend the 4th every year with my hub's family and have a full schedule from morning till night. We started in the morning with everyone gathering at our house for a yummy breakfast that included everything from homemade chocolate pancakes to fresh fruit and traditional southern grits. Among my contributions to the breakfast was this to die for Baked French Toast from the Pioneer Woman.



It was delicious! Everyone raved about it. The fact that I was able to prepare it the night before, and just pop it in the oven in the morning, made it a real winner in my book!

After Breakfast we headed to out City's local parade. 

My kids and their cousins getting ready to collect the candy that is thrown from the parade floats.

Me and my family at the parade. Why is it so hard to get my little guy to look at the camera? :)

Once the Parade ended we all headed home to let the kids rest for a couple of hours. Then we headed to my in - laws' house for a BBQ and water games for the kids. My contribution the evening's meal was this Corn Salad with Queso Fresco form Our Best Bites.


Once again, a complete hit with all of those in attendance. The fresh cilantro lime vinaigrette gives this salad such a bright taste. I loved it so much that I am making it again today and will be eating it for lunch! After dinner, we headed out to the City fireworks show. I didn't get any pictures, but the fireworks were beautiful and we all had a great time. Like I said, I love the 4th of July holiday. Spending the day with family and enjoying each other's company, while eating amazing food is the main reason why. I feel so thankful for the blessing of living in a country that allows us to enjoy so many freedoms and am also grateful for all of those who have selflessly fought to ensure that we will always be able to enjoy those liberties! Thanks for letting me share my 4th festivities with you. I hope your day was all that you wanted it to be!