Image Map

Wednesday, June 6, 2012

My New Home: Family Room Wall Progress

Last week I shared with you that we were adding some trim work to our new home. Here are a few pictures of the progress on our family room wall.


 A faux column was built to create a start/stop point for the board and batten as well as a point of separation from the entry.

Getting prepped for paint...

Our family room in not huge, so I knew immediately that I didn't want any built - ins or a media unit eating up valuable space in the room. I opted to have a floor to ceiling board and batten treatment done on the wall as a way to create interest as well as brighten up the room. We will have a flat screen television mounted on the wall. Luckily, the Office closet sits behind this wall and all of the components are housed in it. Everything is controlled through an infrared signal. When the wall is painted white, it will create a great balance to the white cabinetry in the kitchen, which is open to the family room. Pictures of the finished wall coming soon!


PS - I'm not in love with the ceiling fan, but hubs wins this one and it gets to stay...for now. ;)