Image Map

Tuesday, June 12, 2012

My New Home: Recent Purchases

With all the expenses that have come with purchasing our new home, especially the cost of putting in landscaping, there isn't much left in the budget for furniture. The people who bought our old home, did purchase some of our furniture, so I was able to use that money to put toward some new items for our new place. As you will see, I'll definitely be reusing many of the furniture pieces from before, but here are some recent purchases that I made for our new abode that I am pretty giddy about!

We purchased 3 of these counter height bar stools for our island. 
I am obsessed with the them. Spindle legs, burlap seat, nail head trim...LOVE!

 Two of these metal drum tables for the family room.

 Love the texture on the top of them.

I fell in love with this tray table the moment I saw it. I knew it would be perfect for our new family room.

I adore the weathered finish!

The tray actually lifts off the base!
I also purchased the West Elm Jute Chenille Rug. It is so much softer than you would think and pattern is perfection.

 This Zuna rug from Surya's Jill Rosenwald collection is a new addition to my entry.

 This pillow cover made from Schumacher's Avebury in Citrine was purchased from Elegant Touch for the Master Bedroom.

The corner of our Master Bedroom is being graced by this wingback chair with nail head trim upholstered in Pindler & Pindler's Alegra fabric in Silver.

So there you have it! I can't wait to show you pictures of the new house with all of these pieces in them. I am slowly pulling rooms together. I wanted to wait to post pictures of the rooms until they were all "camera ready", but if I did that, you wouldn't see any pictures for a LONG time. So, I'll be keeping it real and showing you the rooms in my home in their current "unfinished" state. After all, it's more fun showing you how my home evolves over time! If you have any recent purchases you are excited about, I'd love to hear about them!

All of the furniture shown is available through me. Please email me at thefamilyroomdesign@gmail.com for info and pricing.