Image Map

Monday, March 3, 2014

My Home Office: Going for the Gold

Happy Monday! I hope you are all off to a great week. Today I want to share with you some updates I have made to my home office over the past few months. I have previously shared my budget home office with you, which I really loved, but always felt it was missing something. I quickly realized that what the office needed was so depth and interest. I knew the easiest way to achieve that would be to add some gold into the space. The silver, while pretty, left the space feeling a little cold. I started with transforming my silver Ikea Vitssjo by giving it a dose of Antique gold Rubb n' Buff. I also spray painted the Ikea Ribba Frames that hang above the board and batten wall treatment with Design Masters Gold Medal spray paint (the absolute best gold spray paint, IMO).  I also changed up the O'verlays on my DIY painted file cabinet with a shot of the gold spray paint. The biggest change you will see is the addition of a seating area on one side of the room that was previously empty. I love having the extra seating in there so my hubby and kids can come hang out with me when I am in the office working away.  Another change I made was replacing my desk chair and the extra chair in the corner of the room. Both of those chairs were actually extra dining chairs and I wanted to replace them with something specifically for the office. The rest off the updates came in the form of adding new accessories, mostly in a gold, brass, white and blue color palette.  The changes are subtle, but I think the addition of the gold elements really enhanced the space. Take a look...



 









Here is a list of sources for items in the space - 

Desk - World Market
Desk Chair - Overstock.com
Rug - Surya purchased from Overstock.com
Shelf - Ikea Vittsjo
Corner Chair - Ballard Designs
Blue Pillow - Pottery Barn
File Cabinet - DIY with gold O'verlays from myoverlays.com
Striped Club Chair - Pier 1
Nailhead Club Chair - Safavieh from Overstock.com
Geometric Pillows - Villa Home
Gold accent table - Target