Image Map

Wednesday, November 20, 2013

Local Client Project Reveal: Newport Dawn Family Room

As the end of the year approaches, I am making a mad dash to finish up a few of the client projects which I have been working on over the past few months. That means more blog posts of my completed client projects! :) Today I am excited to share with you this cheerful and casual family room. My clients requested a space that looked pulled together, but would still be comfortable and functional for them and their 5 young children. My clients have a true appreciation for art and craftsmanship, so they also wanted to incorporate a few unique and artisan pieces into their space. This was accomplished by hanging a custom art piece over the fireplace and by purchasing a coffee table which was handmade by an artisan using pieces of reclaimed wood and iron. My client happens to be an extremely talented artist and she painted the picture of the Salt Lake City LDS Temple herself! I gasped the first time I saw it. It is truly beautiful. I told her she needed to paint more and sell them. If she ever does, I will most certainly be her first customer!

Here is what the room looked like the first time I saw it:


And now...


Board and batten mill work was added around the perimeter of the room and above the fireplace to add some architectural interest to the room. It was then painted white to brighten up the space.


Isn't the coffee table gorgeous?!? I love the warmth it adds to the room.

The shelving was styled using books from their library (which I also had the opportunity to design and will be sharing shortly) and items they purchased during their travels. I added some colorful glass and pottery to add a pop of color to the dark wood shelving.

This 10 ft. x 10 ft. sectional can accommodate their entire family. It is the perfect spot for family movie nights!

I love the temple art my client painted. It has so much meaning to them. It is one of my favorite items in the room.



I am so pleased with this space. My clients have also expressed their love for it and that is the greatest reward I could ever ask for.

The thing I love most about my job is that I get to design spaces for real life. Life happens in these spaces. Memories are made there. I am so thankful to all of my client's who welcome me into their homes and trust me with their sacred spaces. I hope that the rooms I design bring them the same measure of joy that I experience while creating them.