Image Map

Friday, November 15, 2013

My Home: Tween Bedroom Reveal


Hello, Lovely Readers!! It has been waaaaay to long. :) I really do apologize that so much time goes by between blog posts, but I am hoping that the room reveals prove to be worth the wait. If you follow me on Instagram, you have been able to see little peaks and updates of many of the projects I am currently working on. Among them, has been my daughter's Tween bedroom. After completing Little Miss J's room, I was motivated to pull together my older daughter's and son's rooms as well. I decided I would tackle my 9 (almost 10) year old's room first. Way back before we moved into our home, I asked Miss M what kind of room she wanted. We poured over pictures together and gathered ideas for her room. We both agreed that it should be a room that she would love not only at 9 years old, but also at 12 years old. Although, I certainly chose most of the items in her room, she had plenty of input along the way. I would explain my plans to her and anything she did not love didn't make it into the room. The result is a room that she and I absolutely adore. It is a fun, feminine and fresh space that she will grow with her. After her room was finished, she exclaimed "I am the luckiest girl in the world and I love that my Mom is a Designer." Does it get any better than that? I think not.


The window cornice was a DIY project my hubby and I did many months ago. You can read more about it here. The drapes are from West Elm.

She requested a desk in her room. I knew this much loved IKEA hack would be perfect.

She loves dogs, so I matted and framed these darling Rifle Paper Co. dog note cards.


The entire room was painted gray when we moved in. The bookshelves were existing, but we had the niche painted a pretty blush color and had the crown and accent molding added by my finish carpenter.

The queen size headboard is from Pottery Barn and I had it custom upholstered by Rocky Mountain Upholstery in a pretty gray velvet.

I switched out the nickel finished lighting with the gorgeous brass sconces and a gold orbit chandelier.


The Louis Ghost chair is one of her favorite things in her room!





I hope you love this room as much as Miss M and I do! Now I need to get working on the Little Man's space! Have a wonderful weekend!

Follow me on Instagram to keep up with my latest projects.
Interested in working on a project together? See my Design Services page for more information.