Image Map

Tuesday, February 5, 2013

Master Bedroom Updates and a Frugal Find


Hello Everyone! I'm back from the Las Vegas Market. It was a super fun and productive trip. I am excited to share some of the fabulous things I spotted while I was there with you...later this week! For now, I'm sharing some recent updates I have made to my master bedroom.

I finally added some drapes to my space. I chose Duralee's Loop de Loop fabric in Smoke. I opted for traditional pinch pleat panels. My local fabricator did a wonderful job making them. I think the fabric goes perfectly with the taupe-y gray palette in the room. 


 I added some artwork to the fireplace wall, including a small grouping of architectural prints of buildings in Germany (where my husband spent 2 years serving a mission for our church), and an over sized canvas floral painting.


Finally, I added this beautiful gray herringbone blanket to my bed. 

I have long wanted to add a blanket like this to my bedding and had recently considered buying this one from Serena and Lily. 
The almost $400.00 price tag had me second guessing myself...over and over again. So you can imagine the little "happy dance" I did when I spotted this blanket from the Threshold line, while on one of my regular trips to Target.
With a $49.99 price tag for the King size, I snatched it right up! It also comes in these other fabulous colors and patterns....
I've been back to my local Target a few times since I picked mine up and they don't seem to have the blankets in stock anymore. I know that they are still available online, but they are sure to sell fast. Seriously, get yourself one...you'll be glad you did!